MEDIA

  • Bossa Sustainability Philosophy and Commitment

    Bossa Sustainability Philosophy and Commitment

    Cotton is the major raw material of denim production. Therefore, BOSSA follows every step taken towards a more sustainable production. BCI program is an important contributor to achieve the goal on this matter.

    BCI Initiative defines what a better and a more sustainable way of growing cotton through an intense cooperation with a multi-stakeholder group of organisations must be like. The product of this method is called “Better Cotton.” It is based on 6 basic principles:

    1. Better Cotton is produced by farmers who minimize the harmful impact of crop protection practices
    2. Better Cotton is produced by farmers who use water efficiently and care for the availability of water.
    3. Better Cotton is produced by farmers who care for the health of the soil.
    4. Better Cotton is produced by farmers who conserve natural habitats.
    5. Better Cotton is produced by farmers who care for and preserve the quality of the fibre.
    6. Better Cotton is produced by farmers who promote decent work

    Having 35 % of Bossa’s total cotton consumption from BCI cotton, the company have committed to increase the consumption dramatically to 60% in 2017. The target for 2018 is to make Better Cotton 90% of their consumption while remaining 10% will be organic cotton, allowing only sustainable cottons to the production at the mill.